Wellness: Learners recognize they are students in a Health Occupations Magnet Program and practice and model positive, healthy behaviors that lead to high level of attendance, positive behavior, and strong academic performance in their daily activities.
- 95% attendance, 3.5 grade point average, no disciplinary referrals.
Opportunity: Learners will take full advantage of the educational opportunities afforded at the Konocti Education Center including academics, specialized health and science courses, and support services offered when needed.
- This includes completion of all UC/CSU a to g requirements and a minimum of six college units upon graduation.
Literacy: Learners have the ability to assess their own learning and adapt their thinking based upon new knowledge gained from multiple sources and reflect to achieve a defined outcome.
- Self evaluation logs for PBL/PrBL projects based on each project’s rubric.
Vocational Training: Learners will strive to excel in the health occupations focus of the school by totally engaging in job shadow and internship experiences, taking honors and Advanced Placement courses when offered, and preparing a personal learning plan for high school and post-secondary college and/or career.
- Full participation in job shadow and internship experiences, completion and maintenance of four-year and post-secondary college and career plans, completion of at least one honors level or Advanced Placement course upon graduation.
Ethics: As learners prepare for college and career, they will develop the highest ethical standards in terms of their behavior, relationships, communications, deportment, and always working at their highest capacity.
- Successful participation in PBL/PrBL group work and completion of the senior project prior to graduation.
Service: Learners recognize that service to others and contributing to their community is a necessary life skill that develops altruism and compassion and enriches their lives as they enrich the lives of others.
- Completion of a minimum of 60 hours of community volunteer hours upon graduation.